These winter months can make for dry skin, which I know I have personally been experiencing after mass amounts of snow and drastic climate changes. Exfoliating using scrubs is perfect to slough away dead skin cells and moisturize the skin. I am pleased to bring all of my readers a "simple scrub" that is made with only three ingredients that can be found always in your kitchen!
This recipe was given to me by my dear friend, and Skin-Care Therapist at Hagoyah salon (which is one of my sponsors this month!), Caprice. I received a facial from her earlier in the month, right after her salon opened in the Waldo district of Kansas City. Any local readers out there should check out Hagoyah, and the facials they offer. I completely enjoyed mine, which was a peach clay mask, and did my skin wonders!
Simple Exfoliating Scrub
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of your choice: almond oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, etc. (I used olive oil!)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Tips for Scrubs and Facials:
- Use this scrub while in the shower. This steam will help get rid of the dead skin cells.
- Always use a scrub before applying a facial.
- While applying the scrub, use a circle massaging hand movement.
- Wash off the scrub with cool water and pat your face dry with a towel.
A huge thanks to Caprice for providing me with this recipe! Follow her on twitter for daily skin tips and other useful information regrading facials.