Wednesday, April 17, 2013

turn on the news: diy segment for better kc



   So, I can count off "being on television  on my to-do list! I was contacted a little bit ago for do a "DIY" segment for Better KC on KCTV5 (a local news channel in Kansas City), so I devised a little project for dying and designing tights with bleach. Today, I skipped my morning classes (yes, I felt that was okay this once!) and headed over to their studio to record. My segment will air next Tuesday on KCTV5, between 9am-10am. If you are a local reader, just tune into the channel! If not, I will be providing a link after the show has aired on television if you would like to watch! 






   Being recorded for television, even though it wasn't live (which I was actually glad it wasn't.. nerves!), was completely a brand new thing for me. I had a few mishaps; one of my rubber bands broke and I mispronounced a few words from being nervous, but I suppose practice makes perfect.. and I have no practice so I can't be perfect! But, this was defiantly a great experience and something I would never guessed I would be doing on a typical Wednesday rainy morning. 

KCTV 5

10 comments:

  1. Wow how cool! Being on camera makes me so nervous too ;) Will we be able to see the segment online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome!!! congrats on the tv segment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that is SO exciting!! you're becoming famous girl ;) and what a fun DIY- those bleach patterns will make for a fun pattern to any outfit. I'd be so nervous too- i can totally imagine my cheeks breaking into red splotches haha

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! I can't wait to see!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey that's so awesome!! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cuuuute

    xxx Zari
    http://le-style-blog.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6811423

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's pretty darn awesome Lindsey! Congrats! I never thought to use a bleach pen before to make splotches. Very clever you are lady :-) I love the fact that it's so much easier too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad tv recording went well :) you are super star :)
    this DIY is awesome <3 thanks for sharing !

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are really exciting news. Congrats! =^.^=
    tanyaminxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...