Thursday, November 7, 2013

made at home: squash carrot spinach soup





Squash Carrot Spinach Soup
  • 2 medium squashes, diced
  • 4 carrots, diced
  • 1 cup of spinach
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 5 cups of vegetable broth
  • 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon of cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground colander 
  • 1.4 teaspoon of rosemary
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • *heavy whipping cream optional to taste on finished product 

  After cutting the vegetables  warm a large sauce pan with olive oil to add the squash and carrots to. Steam over medium heat for 5 minutes  then add the spinach and spices for another 2 minutes  Combine the vegetable broth with the veggies, and bring to a boil. Let the mixture shimmer for another 25-30 minutes  After shimmering, let the soup cool slightly  then add half to a blender to blend until smooth. Add the blended mixture back into the sauce pan to bring to a slight boil, then serve with cream. 



  Fall soups are the best of soups. So much warmth, so hearty, full of squash, perfectly colorful... I had to make a concoction of my own this year. Soup making is quite a long process, but completely worth every vegetable you chop and all of the stirring. This soup is delightfully rich, creamy, and the perfect fall color. So grab a good read, a cozy sweater, and make some soup the next chilly fall day you may have. 

15 comments:

  1. fall soups really are the best, i can even eat the same kind for a week straight. yours looks absolutely scrumptious and you took such gorgeous pictures of it! i love how you thought to get pictures other than just the standard on the table shot, and even that one you made original. i also love that it's a tiny bit of an outfit post. that shawl is so pretty on you.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, this soup sounds delicious! Every year around this time I get obsessed with making large batches of soup - it's just so comforting. I love squash too, so I must remember to make this soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every thing looks so delicious ! I wish I could be such good cooker as you are ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks absolutely delicious and so perfect for fall. Love that poncho too! Cheers for posting and feel free to drop by me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love soups! They keep me warm and have a lovely taste.
    You have a great blog, love your photography :)
    xo
    Anastasia
    Natbee's Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks delicious. I definitely love soups so much during the winter too. There's just something so lovely about drinking a hearty soup when it's so cold out! I'll be following to keep up with your lovely and heartfelt posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks delicious! <3
    lovely blog :* followed! :)

    dotsandlaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore a good, creamy, rich soup, especially when it's starting to get so chilly outside! Beautiful pictures ^_^ I'll have to have a bash at this one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummm looks so good <3

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love having soup in winter! This recipe looks delicious.

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your blog <3
    would you like to follow each other? :)
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not one for soup, but this looks quite yummy!
    www.kierramakayla.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks fantastic!

    Lauren

    http://bourbonbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soups are definitely my favourite winter lunch time treat... this looks utterly amazing xo

    Sophie at soinspo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so into making soups at the moment, and this sounds delicious!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...