Tuesday, February 19, 2013

on your porch








(lovely prints from Floating Canopy, a goodie-filled letter from Hallo Valerie.) 




(sweater: target, vest: thrifted, skirt: gap, belt: j.c.p., tights: american apparel, boots: payless, scarf: banana republic, headband: thrifted.) 

   I have recently come to this conclusion that I will not live without a backyard again. I feel like these are just things people take for granted (if you live in the typical house with a backyard). Yes, a random thought on a Tuesday, but my boyfriend I and were talking about our "life after I finish school" today... and I threw New York City out of the question (hey, I can't have my backyard with only being able to afford a studio apartment, can I?!) 
   Enough of the obsession of my backyard (in all honesty,  it is really not that viewful. Just a place that is mine.), I will be having a third kitty living in our home for a short time! Well, and one of my boyfriend's friends... but I am excited to have a new furry friend to photograph. Along with news, I am also going to start selling a few prints of some photographs I have taken over the past year in my shop (one or two requests have been made, so I am trying this!). Readers, do you have any tips on selling photo prints? Or any tips on introducing cats to each other? Both are appreciated at this moment!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my, again your layering skills have me swooning. I always forget I can wear vests in cooler weather by layering them over things! I need to pull some of mine out again. I wish I had a furry friend! How exciting you'll be having a new furry visitor in your home :) And YES a backyard! I would love one of those again someday. I loved growing up with one and miss it now that we're in an apt. for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog, you're my type of blogger! xo
    And yes..I would love to have a house with a backyard..though i havent turned it into a rule yet, i think i should!

    And selling photo prints is a good idea, I think :)

    Love, Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great skirt,lovely look hun...love it! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have a backyard right now but for me it's not very high on the priorities! I don't really miss having one, but it would be fun to be able to plant things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish i had advice for you but I know nothing about both of those things! I do however love that little vest you are wearing and that fox print is so cute! Good luck with the new kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your tights!

    As far as introducing cats to each other, with mine I just kind of...kept the kitten near me (since he was teeny) and let my older cat come up to him as she wanted. She hated him for about three days, straight up walking up to him JUST to hiss at him! But now they're kind of buddies! They still fight, but I think it's more play fight than anything. Good luck with introducing the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment, now following you!
    Absolutely loving these photos, especially the colour combination in your outfit. I agree about back gardens, I have lived in apartments and never will again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the headband. Your looking gorgeous!!

    ~Ama

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are so pretty! I love your jumper:) x
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have really nice blog and great style! follow you, hope you follow back :)
    http://chillychickblog.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. your home and neighborhood looks so beautiful! loving all the branches around :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. When we brought home our second cat - we gradually introduced her to our other one by keeping her and all her kitty supplies in our spare room and letting them smell one another through the door. Throughout the week, we put one of her toys out for our other cat to become acquainted with, then we gated our door instead of leaving it closed, then we finally let them spend time together ...but slowly before they did full time...does that make sense? It worked good for our kitties :-)

    Beautiful photos here. I don't think I could live without a backyard at this point. And of course, I love your your outfit as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are living fabulously. I love it!

    I'm hosting a $100 Lulus.com gift card giveaway on the blog. Hope you can enter!

    goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of an LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane

    ReplyDelete
  14. If the title of the post is in reference to The Format song, I will forever love you! If not, that is okay! haha. I will still love this post regardless of the possibility that you may/may not like the Format. That skirt is too cute!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful photos! Love the last one of the cup! Thank you for your comment x

    http://www.heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...