Saturday, March 30, 2013

return to innocence








 (photographing my friend Amy, for the upcoming "Inspirational People" post for April! Stay tuned!) 




(my Easter basket from my boyfriend, which is hidden behind our couch.) 

(sweater: from my mom's closet, dress/belt/flats/watch: thrifted, tights: target, pin: urban mining)


   I am currently located on my back porch because it is nightfall and the temperature did not drop dramatically because the sun is behind the clouds. Today really felt like spring: half rainy and gloomy,  half sunny and bright, taking walks about neighborhoods, and taking a quick stop for iced (yes, over ice!) coffee. I try my best to stick to outdoor activities when the season is right, and walk as many places as possible.  This type of weather makes me miss my old loft that was located closer to downtown, but having a backyard I suppose makes me for that. 
   I had a fairly typical Saturday this weekend. I made fine coffee from my french press, went to my newly found favorite thrift store, caught up with a friend visiting from Chicago, and caught up on a new read. I also spent a lot of my afternoon picking out little things for my boyfriend's Easter basket that we decided we would get each other this year. I love making new traditions, in the hope of keeping them year after year.


11 comments:

  1. aww your easter basket! so cute! I adore the color of your dress. Happy Easter Lindsey! :)

    Kathy
    http://mypeachdays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Easter baskets sounds like a delightful idea! I haven't gotten one of those since I was a little kid. I'd love to have Easter egg hunts once we get a house of our own too-even before we have children, hehe. You look simply delightful! That lavender color is such a perfect one for Easter and I love the fun collar too. Happy Easter dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful photos!
    I need to start a new Easter tradition too, having just moved in with my boyfriend. ^^ thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sky looks gorgeous, amazing snapshots! Well done:) By the way, I followed you on Bloglovin', hope you can do same;)
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love that pretty pink dress. Also, your friend Amy looks lovely :)
    Have a fantastic Easter girly!

    Enter my StyleGodis jewelry giveaway here!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely color of your dress! <3
    maybe we could follow each other? I am following you now :) I am waiting you on my blog!

    sweet and sugars,
    Dias

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is so cute! And your Easter Basket looks so cute. I hope you enjoy your new place.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly amazing, that dress looks great on you,I love you style! :)


    http://sofija-photography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you use a kind of super cool grannylook, you really make it work!:)

    Meant To Attend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shoes are so cute and I love the dress! Sounds like you had a fun weekend, I love starting a new book:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the lavender of this dress :) and I think making new traditions is one of the funnest things ever! Also is that a heart candle? Looks lovelylylyly.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...