Thursday, May 30, 2013

made at home: washi tape decorated vase



Items you will need:

  • Washi Tape
  • Vase (or other glass container) 
  • * Optional ribbon and hot glue gun

   In this DIY, I used a dollar store vase that was an extremely plain style. Take the washi tape and make designs along the vase, leaving a small amount of extra at the top and the bottom. Cut the ends of the tape and use an optional amount of hot glue to secure the ends. 
*Out of washi tape, or don't have other colors? Use a hot glue gun to add a few pieces onto the vase design. 




   I know what you are thinking, "Lindsey, this is so simple, a child would do this!", and that is exactly what happened during this. Being a nanny, thinking up simple and creative ideas for the children to do is always on my mind. Today, for "arts and craft time", we used dollar store vases and decorated them with washi tape and ribbon. After seeing pretty much everything being decorated with washi tape, it was time I did more than just hang items with this one my wall. As simple as this approach is, doing this with multiple vases around the house is a great decor idea. 

15 comments:

  1. Well, I think it's neat! I've been hearing about this tape! The possibilities are endless because there are so many varieties. I like your vase. I think it's so pretty.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,dear.... i love your blog,, that post is so cute...
    ...if you want we can follow each ether, just make me know and i will follow you right back.....
    big kiss
    have a nice day
    http://maysesmodamour.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple ideas are often the best ones! And this vase is beautiful no matter how simple it was to make it :) I am sure the children had a great time and their parents were happy to get some beautiful new vases :)
    And your skirt is lovely too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww next creative blogger- i love it! amazing item! you have great blog & i love your style :D hope we can be friends!
    follow you, of course invite you to my blog again :)

    ANECIA WAS HERE- more than passion ♥
    blog | facebook | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple DIYs like this are my favorite! This is so pretty Lindsey. I've been vase hunting lately left and right for the perfect vases to display my summer flowers in - I think I just need to go buy some washi tape instead and use the plain vases I have sitting around my house. Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it, really great DIY and cute outfit! I love your blog!

    Love,
    Verena from Who is Mocca?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome idea!!!! Love this vase!! Great pictures as well!
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dahlias, ranunculus and peonies are my favorites and this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your outfit is lovely.
    great post...I loved it...
    wanna follow each other via gfc & bloglovin?
    let me know..
    kisses V.
    livinginapinkcloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea with so many options! I need to get my hands on some washi tape! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness this is such a great DIY. Nice how anyone can do it with their choice of tape :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am a nanny too! this turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm definitely going to make some of these,
    and have my son help me with it ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...