Sunday, May 19, 2013

mini-trip: clinton lake part 2














Some background: finding time to get away is difficult with a couple consisting of a full-time education student working part-time and a full-time worker with a solo project and band. finding that time that is always scheduled  and cash that is always being used for personal hobbies/"living", is so rare. finding ourselves engulfed in different surroundings is something we don't come across often, but always strived for.

   With my summer break recently started, and my boyfriend taking his vacation from work, we decided to take some time away from our personal schedules and seek solitude elsewhere. Clinton lake was a place I had never traveled to before in Kansas, but it was one of his favorites when he lived in a town close to there. We pitched our dome tent, sleeping with just pillows and a sheet, and drink cheap beer over a campfire. The day time hours comprised of nature trails, fishing, the beach, and relaxing.
   With weekends like this, I don't know if I could leave the Midwest. Such simple trips as camping, mean so much more... just the ability to leave my urban surroundings, and find myself in the mist of a completely new environment without trouble, is a place I don't want to escape.

12 comments:

  1. These are great, Lindsey! The place looks spectacular! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you were so close to me! (Was that creepy, it sounded creepy). Anyway, that is exactly the way I feel about the Midwest. It's like...you have everything within a day's drive. Looks like you had fun! Clinton Lake has the most amazing dog park that we go to called Mutt Run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the photo of all the shells lined up. and what a perfectly relaxing little getaway, lucky you!

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like a lovely little trip :) you are very lucky to live near such simple beauty, and you're right--these aren't experience you'd get everywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. I just love little getaways like this. Coffee at the lake... mmm.... That sounds like heaven!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! i really like your page!!!!!
    this pics are so " moonrise kingdom" style... i love it! i need a vacation and adventures in this period! :)
    C
    i'm folow you!
    http://visualthink.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. this trip looks like a dream! <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE that first picture of you two, you guys are adorable, and awesome tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an amazing trip!!! your lake outfit is ADORABLE :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well, aren't you cute! that bathing suit (I'm assuming?) bottoms are amazing!!! those colors! and I'm so glad you guys had a nice little vacation! those are always nice. I love visiting lakes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're in Kansas?!! That is where I grew up! What a fun and relaxed weekend trip too!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a lovely lovely trip! I adore such simple things:) Nice pictures, well done!
    Have a good time:)

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...