Wednesday, May 22, 2013

made at home: vegan chocolate coconut bars



Vegan Chocolate Coconut Nut Bars

Graham Cracker Crust

  • 6 cups of crusted graham crackers
  • 4 tablespoons of oil
  • 1/8 teaspoon of salt


Toppings
  • 1 cup of shredded sweetened coconut
  • 1 cup of chopped nuts
  • 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
  • 1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used coconut)
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of maple syrup

   On medium heat, mix together the milk with the sugar and syrup. After all is combined, let the mixture set for about five minutes until slightly cooler. While cooling, mix the graham cracker crumbs, oil, and salt together in a medium bowl. Press the crust mixture into a medium sized cake pan, that is sprayed with cooking oil. Add the cooled milk mixture to the crust, then add the chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and let cool for two hours in the fridge before eating. 



   This is a recipe I have tried many different ways, and seen many different places. I love the mixture of coconut and chocolate  as many people adore as well, and I can't get enough of it. The best thing about these bars is how simple they are to make, the most of the waiting is just the baking in the oven part. Also, most of these ingredients can always been found in your kitchen (well, at least in mine at all times!). Enjoy! 

13 comments:

  1. Those bars look DELICIOUS, and I love your outfit here!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so jealous of your baking skills. I would love to bake more! this looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coconut and chocolate!?! Count me in. This recipe looks tasty and simple enough for even me to follow. Thank you for sharing :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've eaten vegan chocolate once but it wasn't home made tho. aw i bet it's delicious <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to make these! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh yuuuum! cute outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious! Love your cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm...this is making me really wish I liked coconut, these look so good! Also, I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look awesome! I am a coconut fanatic so I will definitely have to try them.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...