Saturday, August 10, 2013

ice cream cakes













(dress: boomerang, purse: re-run's, everything else is either thrifted or vintage) 


   I can't believe how summer flies right past us. In less than a week I will be starting up my first weekend class (yes, a weekend class, and my first one of those) and then back into my crazy scheduled college student life. I'm trying to finish up the last things that feel very "summerish" to me, and today was very full of summer things. I mean, isn't grabbing ice cream (pineapple sorbet for me!) at Murray's a Kansas City summer staple?! I believe so. 
   This afternoon was a very random event.  I felt in the mood for cherries and strawberries, so a friend and I headed to the farmer's market to grab a few fruits. Which lead us to buy flowers from Dutch Flowers.  Which lead to a picnic with a view of the Missouri River. Which lead to lead to ice cream. Yes, I feel like summer when my days revolve around those things.

7 comments:

  1. So cute!

    I love how you almost always include some sort of anecdote or reference to something in your state, it's always great to see how people in other state s(and even countries!) live.

    http://www.katielikeme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This day sounds absolutely PERFECT. Summer is ending, and I feel like I haven't even done many summery things! This has inspired to sneak in some summer things in the last few days. I'm terrified right now of my college schedule starting mid-september!

    The colors of this dress. Just. yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress! It's so pretty. All those things are definitely summerish, lovely pictures :)

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum - those cherries look delicious - and so does that ice cream! This post captures the best of summer so perfectly :-) LOVE your dress as well - that little necktie collar is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures! You got me craving ice cream now. lol Love your dress! xx

    www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, I love cherries! they look delicious. I can't believe summer is already nearing it's end!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...