Tuesday, August 13, 2013

moth's wings









(displaying favorite postcards/photographs on my bedroom wall.)




(everything worn here is either thrifted or vintage) 


   For some unknown reason, today was starting to feel the the Autumn season. I think it's that giddy-nervous-stressed-do as much as possible before classes begin- college student feeling that was overwhelming me today. I was also outside of the city area today for a few things, and ended up right by Unity Village. I have so many bundles of fall time memories there from my high school days; exploring the underground tunnels, the occasional festival held there, pictures bu the fountains, nighttime walks, etc. It's crazy how one spot can make you feel in such a different time.
   I also took a long drive back home and stopped at a little consignment shop o heard just opened. I excited to spend only a dollar and gather a few interesting things. I spent the rest of my afternoon making sun tea and reading an article in a 1956 addition of National Geographic about a traveling zoologist whom teaches elementary students about animals and brings them with her. I believe I found a new inspiration.

20 comments:

  1. These are beautiful photos! I totally get your pre-semester feelings going on; I totally empathize right now! I'm about to start, too, and I get that craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I really love your skirt and the photos and postcards you have on your wall! I hope you get a lot of fun and relaxing in before you go back to school!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dress (: it's so pretty! xx thanks for commenting on my blog (:

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. romantic skirt dear...
    love

    xoxo
    happy day
    ⓛⓞⓥⓔ
    NEW POST
    The simple life of rich people BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is so lovely! And the pin, cute. I wish I had places to explore or was in a place that was fun to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the skirt, it looks so swishy and beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a lovely post! I like the total outfit and the images.


    xoxo;
    A Lovely Shelter, a Decor Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that tied up top on you :D
    That sounds like such an interesting article. I could get lost in a 1950s National Geographic. I wanted to be a photographer for them when I was super young haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It felt kind of like fall here today too as the evening got quite chilly. Sounds like you had a lovely day and you look adorable as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a lovely day!
    awesome photos and cute outfit :)
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful photos, i'm in love with your skirt!

    happy day!
    <3, getcarriedaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty photos, darling!!
    http://karinamalinana.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this skirt, and this little top is adorable with it! And YOU are just plain adorable! I wish I had more time to visit consignment and thrift stores!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. as always, lovely images! I love the total outfit. Great post!

    xoxo;
    Into The Blush, a Beauty Blog by Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That skirt on you is darling! I adore the flower and the pleating.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your posts always look like a picturesque journey! Love all of them.I love your outfit too! <3

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm definitely starting to get inspired for fall weather and fashion, too! I love your pleated skirt and the shot of your tea is just beautiful.

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...