Monday, October 7, 2013

milk and sugar (shatto's 10th birthday & event)



   I became rather excited when I was contacted to help promote Shatto's 10th anniversary party, and their release of their "Home" Birthday Cake milk. Shatto Milk Company is a local, family-owned dairy farm in the Kansas City area, which produces the freshest milk products without using recombinant bovine somatotropin or recombinant bovine growth hormone. Their processing plant is also open to the public, for those to see where exactly their milk is coming from. Which, with just switching back to being a vegetarian, is great to know the whereabouts where my milk is coming from. 
  In celebration of their 10th birthday, Shatto is partnering with the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City. If you are not familiar with this charity, they provide housing for those families whose children are in need of medical treatment for temporary stay. With this event, they are hoping to raise profit for building a third house, along with the 20% of sales that from customers purchasing the Birthday Cake milk. 




   All proceeds from the event ticket sales will go directly to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City, and the food and drinks will be served by many local eateries (The Local Pig, The West Side Local, Farm to Market, etc). You can purchase tickets for the event that takes place on October 10th  and purchase Shatto's Birthday Cake milk (while in stock) in these locations around Kansas City. 
   With being lactose intolerant for most of my life and a vegan for the past few years, I can say I've honestly never had a desire to sit and drink a glass of milk. I poured myself a small glass of the Shatto Birthday Cake milk, and I had the want to drink straight from the bottle. Although, saving myself from stomach aches, I ended up saving the milk for a later day. I end up finishing the rest of my Birthday Cake milk in some steel cut oats and the entire bowl tasted like delicious dessert. I'm glad I had the chance to try something so sweet that normally in the past I would have never tried, while giving back a percent to those in need. 

3 comments:

  1. I so envy your escapades Lindsey! That sounds like lots of fun. I wish we have more places like that to visit here. You look cute as always :)

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love knowing where my milk is coming from so I'm loving this Shatto milk! I wonder if I could order some and give it a try?!

    http://mariedarling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your skirt dear =) say would you like to follow each other? http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...