Friday, November 1, 2013

love like johnny and june










(dress: boomerang, shoes: in shop

  I always forget that the day after Halloween November begins. It's one of those sudden changes, like Fall is feeling to almost come to an end. Halloween is always one of my most favorite days; seeing everyone dressed up and creating costumes for myself. This year my boyfriend and I were Johnny Cash and June Carter. We both feel in love with the idea of dressing up like an iconic couple like Johnny and June... and well, of course we are both huge Cash fans. 
  The dress i felt is more of a "late June Carter" look, but I couldn't resist to buy it when I saw it on the rack at one of my favorite vintage clothing stores. The rest of our Halloween evening consisted of a show my boyfriend (Lazy Motel) was playing at The Brick and a few other bars around the Midtown area. I was sad when it was time to put this dress away for the evening, but I believe I've developed a new love for 70's evening wear. 

18 comments:

  1. love love lovely. these photos actually look like they are part of a wedding shoot. i would kill for that dress. :-)

    happy november!

    ~e~ @helloscarlettblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this dress is incredible. i love this idea. you must find a reason to bring it out of the closet again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a couples costume! June Carter and Johnny Cash were a great duo, which I'm sure you guys are too! I love the pictures on your blog, that jack-o-lantern and your kitty dressed up were great touches! As well, love that Hotel Savoy that you were exploring the post below, very vintage and Halloween-y!

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good costumes! Also I'm swooning over your cat in the collar. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys look adorable! gotta love Cash and Carter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when couples dress in complement for halloween theme. You 2 make for a great couple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg!! this is an amazing couple costume. unfortunately, my bf is not into dressing up so i will never have that feeling of dressing as a couple. booh!! you both look amazing!! :D iconic indeed!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute that you dressed up as a couple, and your dress is so pretty!

    http://cequisuit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfit to death! ah.

    ~Hannah <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two make such an adorable couple! I miss taking couple outfit shots with my boyfriend so much!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an awesome couples' costume! I love Johnny Cash. :) You guys looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these costumes, you look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful idea and what perfect costumes! Such a cute couple :) And I love your dress and your hair.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...