Sunday, March 9, 2014

marys of the sea













    I have a huge love and appreciation for Catholic cathedrals and churches. All of the stained glass, the giant organs, the gothic structure of the pillars, the light reflections, the sculptures... I could go on and on. There is well-known Catholic church, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish, a walk away from my apartment that I had never ventured to. After grabbing daytime bloody mary's at a local bar, and instead of going antiquing, my boyfriend and I decided to travel up to the church. The inside was even more beautiful than the outer views, with the light perfectly reflecting from the stained glass onto the white walls and a choir practicing that could be heard. I am not a religious person by any means, but     I was completely overwhelmed by the beauty of the atmosphere I was in.
The weather is getting warmer in Kansas City, which I have mixed feelings about (I love the winter time, and dread the summer heat), but I have yet to create my first iced latte of the season. I have been drinking and purchasing a lot of tea these past couple of weeks, possibly even more than I have been drinking coffee. I have also been finding myself getting extremely bored with my current hair style (in the process of growing it out, still) and thought about bleaching it until it becomes almost white... then decided not to, and to simply change up my bangs. I tried to cut them into a V shape, which sort of failed, but bangs tend to grow pretty quickly right?! Until next time. 

5 comments:

  1. That one wide shot inside the cathedral is beautiful.

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The architecture of this church is great, do you know much history behind it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the inside of this church is wonderful, i particularly love the blue ceiling! your photos are magical. i've been purchasing lot of tea recently too, it feels so good to drink a hot cup of tea in the evening while coming home

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous pictures, especially the stained glass, wow! Yay for tea, can't beat a good cuppa ^_^

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...